05 February 2009

My Stupid "Friend"

I know this girl. I used to call her my friend, but I don't call her that much anymore. I went to high school and college with her, and we were always pretty good friends, maybe even "best" at times, but now our so-called friendship is so frustrating and upsetting, I can't call it that anymore.

I remember the bad parts of knowing her more than the good parts anymore. In fact, I can't - at this moment - think of a single positive.

I remember her lying to a friend of mine, saying I was hooking up with her boyfriend (when I wasn't). I remember her making out with a boy she knew I really liked (thought I loved at the time, but that word has taken on a totally different meaning since I've been with Hug), and then making fun of the whole situation to my face, knowing how I felt about him. I remember her backing out of plans time and time again. I remember her talking down to people. I remember when she decided over and over again she was too good for her real friends and trying to become someone she's not. I remember her staying with a boy, defending him, looking the other way when she knew he was nothing short of abusive (for lack of a better word...or my lack of willingness to use the more accurate term) of not only me, but another one of our friends as well (as I found out years later).

Since my husband has been deployed, she has called me exactly twice.

We were supposed to hang out on Saturday, and I was actually excited about it (against my better judgement), especially after this past weekend. But when I texted her today to confirm our plans, she pretended to know nothing about it, despite the fact that we made these plans three weeks ago, and I have the e-mails to prove it.

I guess she doesn't want to be my friend. I guess its time to stop trying to be nice and give up on it. I have much better friends now than she has ever been to me. Hell, Hug's friends were better friends to me the first day I met them than she has been in 11 years of knowing her. Its time to leave the past in the past and move on.

Bye, Lex.

No comments: