06 February 2009

Abortion

I struggle with this issue. I’m morally against it. I would never do it. Never. Under no circumstances. But I’m not sure that the Government has the right to tell people that they can’t do it. I am absolutely, unquestionably opposed to partial birth abortion under any circumstances and I’m opposed to allowing abortions after the first trimester. Too many people are going through hell trying to have or adopt children for us to have others just throwing them away.

Now, I’m going to say this. While I don’t agree with anyone’s decision to do It, I recognize that it must be extremely difficult to choose the end a life that has been living inside of you for any amount of time, especially 23 weeks. So I imagine that after struggling with the decision and choosing to abort, it must be heart-wrenching for a woman to have to go through labor, give birth to a live baby, and watch that child (who, granted probably would not have survived after only 23 weeks) be haphazardly placed in a biohazard bag and placed in the garbage.

I am, of course, talking about the botched abortion in the Florida clinic. Even though I don’t agree at all with the decision that 18 year old girl made, my heart goes out to her for having to go through that and having to live with that memory for the rest of her life. I would expect that to have an awful impact on any human being. What a sad, sad thing to have happened.

No comments: