11 February 2009

I'm a Quitter

Isn't quitter an odd looking word? It looks like its spelled wrong, doesn't it? I looked it up, though, so I know its right.

Anyway...

I quit smoking. Last Thursday was my last day, I think. For most people, this is a momentous occasion. For most people its such a struggle to quit. Not me. I'm an on-and-off casual, mostly closet, smoker. Cigarettes have been a bit of a crutch for me during this deployment, though. I can calmly work out my frustration and anger by taking a few slow drags. They don't cure sadness, of course, but they help calm me. Because of this, I thought maybe this time would be a struggle, but its not. So far its been easy. My co-worker smokers are impressed and inspired by me. I try to explain that its not that big of a deal, but it is such a big deal to them, they can't comprehend how easy it is for me to walk away and forget them for weeks, months, or years (yes, I have quit for years and then gone back).

I quit at Hug's request, so now he better be quitting, too.

On a completely different topic, it seems my body and finally given in and decided to be sick like everyone else I know. Weird thing is that all day I feel like I'm smelling dog poop. Its not possible, though, because I smelled every single article of clothing, my shoes (literally - took my shoes off and smelled bottoms and insides), my purse, my cup and mug, my desk at work, my coat, my car, my cell phone, my hair, my hands, and nothing smells like dog poop. Plus, the smell followed me from home to work and home again. I've now checked every corner of my room for dog poop, but there is not. Its just so faint, and I'm not really even sure its a dog poop smell, because I also think raw red meat and wet cat food smells like dog poop. Sinus infection, maybe?

No comments: