20 March 2009

**Sigh**

Wow.

What a great visit Hug and I had. So much love. So much fun. So many hugs and kisses and smiles. Ahhh.

It was such a relief to see him. I was a bundle of nerves the day before Hug flew in, not really sure what to expect. I thought he'd be stinky and tired and crabby and I don't know what else. He looked great. He felt great. He wasn't too tired. He wasn't cranky at all. By the time he had a great American burger, a shower, and changed his clothes, it was as if he'd never left at all.

I wasn't sure what to expect out of me either. I figured I would stay up and stare at him all night or cry my eyes out at the thought of him leaving again, but I didn't. The first night I didn't sleep well - I think because I was coming down off a high, but after that I was back in my perfect "spot." It crossed my mind a few times that he would leave again, but I was able to live in the moment for the most part. The only thing I was disappointed in myself about was that I woke up with an upset stomach just about every day we had something big scheduled with friends. I dind't let it keep me down - I think it was just me dreading having to share Hug with other people. I was always able to get over it, which was a good thing, because we had a great time with our family and friends.

I love you. I love you. I love you. Did you know that, baby?

I didn't cry until the night before he left, and I kept it under control. I don't even know if Hug knows I cried. I cried at the airport, too, but not too much. Not like I did when he left last summer. I just kept thinking about what a great time we had together and how much more great stuff we're going to do while he's home this summer. I can't wait!

No comments: